Swap ‘n Shop! Doesn’t that sound intriguing? We have space to offer to those who have some lace related items to sell. It’s also available to people hoping to find a lace related item that is on their wish list. Visit here often to see what’s new! Your sales ad or wish list item will need some details. A good description and a photo would be helpful.
This area is self serve. Contact the editor to post requests or items for sale: email@example.com (add the email to your contact list). After your items are posted, and you are connected with a buyer/seller from the Gazette office, personal transactions will no longer involve the editor, who is busy working on the next edition. She will list (or remove) items, and has been known to purchase on occasion.
1. Wanted to Buy! My father made roller pillows in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. I have moved three times since he gave me mine and unfortunately have managed to keep the roller, but the pillow base with the drawer in it has gone missing. I would dearly love to replace it. If anyone has a roller pillow which was purchased from Syd Rose, I would love to purchase it from you. Please contact the Gazette office: clgeditor @ gmail.com if you are interested in selling yours. Gladys L, British Columbia, Canada
New Items! Posted on April 9, 2018
New! Thread winders for sale, $65 each, plus shipping. Cherry or Oak. Limited stock is available! Contact: Ewa Kurnicka, Needlepoint Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Email: np.place@ live.com
1. Klöppeln by Brigitte Bellon, 1980. Colour, 48 pages, soft cover. Size is 14.5 cm x 21 cm. German text. Four fold card insert has fifteen pricking patterns. Details are given for each pattern including diagrams and photos of actual lace. A section at the end of the book has several pages of finished projects. Price: $10CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
2. Hardanger is a popular craft using needlelace techniques to create a lacy effect. This is a DMC pattern book with 16 pages, eight projects, full colour images. Placemat with napkins (front cover), two cushion covers, square doily, curtain edging, oval doily, table runner, another square doily. Patterns have general instructions in Danish, Norwegian and English. Good with minor wear. Printed in Denmark. Price: $10CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
3. Mediterranean Knotted Lace by Elena Dickson, was published in 2005. This lovely book has clear instructions and photos showing the work in progress and many finished pieces, both large and small. Elena lives in Australia and has been teaching knotted lace since 1987 in her home country and at conventions in the USA. If you are interested in trying a new lace technique, this would be a very good start. Price: $25CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
4. SOLD! (One copy available) The Bobbin Lace Manual by Geraldine Stott, 1988, reprinted 1992. The author has laid out 27 lessons in order of difficulty, beginning with a sampler and ending with the butterfly on the cover. Each lesson introduces at least one new skill. Lacemakers are encouraged to experiment and try to add a personal touch to their lace. The patterns are colour coded. Finishing instructions are included. This is a very good reference manual for any skill level. Price: $25CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
5. Wanted: Some are interested in a Thread Swap. Does your stash have interesting threads you would love to pass along to someone else? Are you looking for threads that are hard to find? Perhaps you would like to connect by creating a wish list!
6. Wanted: Request for the book called Torchon Lace Rings by Alice Vokac, edited by Christine Johnson. Contact the editor with price and shipping cost to Canadian address.
7. Wanted: Variations on a Theme by Jennifer Ford. (Bobbin Lacemaking Patterns for the Complete Beginner) 1992. ISBN 0 9510236 2 4 (Contact: CLG Editor)
8. Wanted: A 1996 Calendar was advertised in the Gazette. Does anyone have a copy, or an extra copy? We would like to have the calendar on file in the Archives. Please contact the Gazette office. Thanks! (Contact: CLG Editor)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Volume 32 is now in the works! We are offering all four Volume 31 editions at sale price; individual copies are only $5 each, includes shipping in Canada. Inquire about shipping single copies to other countries.
Complete sets are available for $20 in Canada; US $22 (US Funds); Overseas $35CAD equivalent. PayPal is accepted. Shipping is included!
These are packed full of information to inspire and encourage lacemaking. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one. Posted below are front cover images.
If you know of someone who is not a regular subscriber and would love to read more about lacemaking, consider giving a Gift! Packages can be mailed directly from CLG if you wish. This is a good bargain for a lace group library as well, build your collection!
There are still some copies of the Volume 30 editions, our 30th year in production! The Gazette Editions section has details for each one: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Posted below are front cover images.
There are some copies of the Volume 29 editions available. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Posted below are front cover images.
Here are copies of the Volume 28 editions, supply is limited. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Posted below are the front cover images.