Swap ‘n Shop! Doesn’t that sound intriguing? We have space to offer to those who have some lace related items to sell. It’s also available to people hoping to find a lace related item that is on their wish list. Visit here often to see what’s new! Your sales ad or wish list item will need some details. A good description and a photo would be helpful.
This area is self serve. Contact the editor to post requests or items for sale: email@example.com (add the email to your contact list). After your items are posted, and you are connected with a buyer/seller from the Gazette office, personal transactions will no longer involve the editor, who is busy working on the next edition. She will list (or remove) items, and has been known to purchase, on occasion.
1. Item Request! A 1996 Calendar was advertised in the Gazette. Does anyone have a copy, or an extra copy? We would like to have the calendar on file in the Archives. Please contact the Gazette office. Thanks! (CLG Editor)
2. Hardanger is a popular craft using needlelace techniques to create a lacy effect. This is a DMC pattern book with 16 pages, eight projects, full colour images. Placemat with napkins (front cover), two cushion covers, square doily, curtain edging, oval doily, table runner, square doily. Patterns have general instructions in Danish, Norwegian and English. Good with minor wear. Printed in Denmark. Price: $5CAD and shipping. (CLG Editor)
3. Mediterranean Knotted Lace by Elena Dickson, was published in 2005. This lovely book has clear instructions and photos showing the work in progress and many finished pieces, both large and small. Elena lives in Australia and has been teaching knotted lace since 1987 in her home country and at conventions in the USA. If you are interested in trying a needlelace technique, this would be a very good start. Price: $10CAD and shipping. (CLG Editor)
4. The Bobbin Lace Manual by Geraldine Stott, 1988, reprinted 1992. The author has laid out 27 lessons in order of difficulty, beginning with a sampler and ending with the butterfly on the cover. Each lesson introduces at least one new skill. Lacemakers are encouraged to experiment and try to add a personal touch to their lace. The patterns are colour coded. Finishing instructions are included. This is a very good reference manual for any skill level. Price: $10CAD and shipping. (CLG Editor)
5. New! Some are interested in a Thread Swap. Does your stash have interesting threads you would love to pass along to someone else? Are you looking for threads that are hard to find? Perhaps you would like to connect by creating a wish list!
Your ad or request here…
Volume 32 is now in the works! We are offering all four Volume 31 editions at sale price; individual copies are only $5 each, includes shipping in Canada. Inquire about shipping single copies to other countries.
Complete sets are available for $20 in Canada; US $22 (US Funds); Overseas $35CAD equivalent. PayPal is accepted. Shipping is included!
These are packed full of information to inspire and encourage lacemaking. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one. Posted are front cover images.
If you know of someone who is not a regular subscriber and would love to read more about lacemaking, consider giving a Gift! Packages can be mailed directly from CLG if you wish. This is a good bargain for a lace group library as well, build your collection!
There are still some copies of the Volume 30 editions, our 30th year in production! The Gazette Editions section has details for each one: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Posted are front cover images.