Swap ‘n Shop! Doesn’t that sound intriguing? We have space to offer to those who have some lace related items to sell. It’s also available to people hoping to find a lace related item that is on their wish list. Visit here often to see what’s new! Your sales ad or wish list item will need some details. A good description and a photo would be helpful.
This area is self serve. Contact the editor to post requests or items for sale: firstname.lastname@example.org (add the email to your contact list). After your items are posted, and you are connected with a buyer/seller from the Gazette office, personal transactions will no longer involve the editor, who is busy working on the next edition. She will list (or remove) items, and has been known to purchase on occasion.
12. Wanted: Fri Knipling by Jana Novak, 1985. ISBN 87-418-7095-6 Contact the editor with price and shipping cost to Canadian address.
11. Wanted to Buy! My father made roller pillows in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. I have moved three times since he gave me mine and unfortunately have managed to keep the roller, but the pillow base with the drawer in it has gone missing. I would dearly love to replace it. If anyone has a roller pillow which was purchased from Syd Rose, I would love to purchase it from you. Please contact the Gazette office: clgeditor @ gmail.com if you are interested in selling yours. Gladys L, British Columbia, Canada
10. New! Thread winders for sale, $65 each, plus shipping. Cherry or Oak. Limited stock is available! Contact: Ewa Kurnicka, Needlepoint Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Email: np.place@ live.com
9. New! Thistles, roses, daffodils and shamrocks: 4 Bookmarks using Bedfordshire lace techniques by Jean Leader, 1992. Coil bound, clear covers, 15 pages, 8.5 x 11.5 inches, English text. Someone purchased this pattern book a second time and has offered one copy for sale. Price $20CAD and shipping.
8. Klöppeln by Brigitte Bellon, 1980. Colour, 48 pages, soft cover. Size is 14.5 cm x 21 cm. German text. Four fold card insert has fifteen pricking patterns. Details are given for each pattern including diagrams and photos of actual lace. A section at the end of the book has several pages of finished projects. Price: $10CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
7. SOLD! Hardanger is a popular craft using needlelace techniques to create a lacy effect. This is a DMC pattern book with 16 pages, eight projects, full colour images. Placemat with napkins (front cover), two cushion covers, square doily, curtain edging, oval doily, table runner, another square doily. Patterns have general instructions in Danish, Norwegian and English. Good with minor wear. Printed in Denmark. Price: $10CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
6. Mediterranean Knotted Lace by Elena Dickson, was published in 2005. This lovely book has clear instructions and photos showing the work in progress and many finished pieces, both large and small. Elena lives in Australia and has been teaching knotted lace since 1987 in her home country and at conventions in the USA. If you are interested in trying a new lace technique, this would be a very good start. Price: $25CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
5. SOLD! (One copy available) The Bobbin Lace Manual by Geraldine Stott, 1988, reprinted 1992. The author has laid out 27 lessons in order of difficulty, beginning with a sampler and ending with the butterfly on the cover. Each lesson introduces at least one new skill. Lacemakers are encouraged to experiment and try to add a personal touch to their lace. The patterns are colour coded. Finishing instructions are included. This is a very good reference manual for any skill level. Price: $25CAD and shipping. (Inquire to CLG Editor)
4. Wanted: Some are interested in a Thread Swap. Does your stash have interesting threads you would love to pass along to someone else? Are you looking for threads that are hard to find? Perhaps you would like to connect by creating a wish list!
3. Wanted: Request for the book called Torchon Lace Rings by Alice Vokac, edited by Christine Johnson. Contact the editor with price and shipping cost to Canadian address.
2. Wanted: Variations on a Theme by Jennifer Ford. (Bobbin Lacemaking Patterns for the Complete Beginner) 1992. ISBN 0 9510236 2 4 (Contact: CLG Editor)
1. Wanted: Fri Knipling by Jana Novak, 1985 from a non smoking home. An English version is preferred but the original text in Danish is accepted. ISBN 87-418-7095-6
Found! A 1996 Calendar was advertised in the Gazette. We now have the calendar on file in the Archives. Thanks Julie for your kind donation!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
The Canadian Lacemaker Gazette Volume 33 is now underway. Fall Gazette edition 33:1 has been recently distributed with a September, 2018 mailing. Copies are available while supplies last!
We are offering Volume 28 – Volume 32 editions at sale price! Individual editions are only $5 each, includes shipping for one edition in Canada. Inquire about shipping larger orders within Canada or shipping to other countries.
Complete sets are available for $20 in Canada; US $22 (US Funds); Overseas $35CAD equivalent. Shipping is included! Cheques in your currency, PayPal or Bank eTransfer are accepted.
These are packed full of information to inspire and encourage lacemaking. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one. Posted below are front cover images from Volume 32. Let’s give these editions a new home!
Posted below are front cover images from Volume 31. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one. Let’s give these editions a new home!
If you know of someone who is not a regular subscriber and would love to read more about lacemaking, consider giving a Gift! Packages can be mailed directly from CLG if you wish. This is a good bargain for a lace group library as well, build your collection!
Volume 30 editions are available, our 30th year in production! The Gazette Editions section has details for each one: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Posted below are front cover images.
Volume 29 editions are available. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Posted below are front cover images.
Volume 28 editions are available, supply is limited. The Gazette Editions section has details for each one: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer. Posted below are the front cover images.