Photo: Lace at the Slovenian Pavilion, Folklorama 2017 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
We have many wonderful lace groups in Canada and are publishing the groups online as well as in the Gazette. We hope there will be an increase in connections across Canada. Some may be looking for a group. Others are independent and may be interested in visiting a group some day.
Personal or group emails are not included in this listing. For contact with lace groups in Canada, see group websites, blogs, etc. or send an email to the editor: clgeditor @ gmail.com. Many thanks to all the people who assisted with this 2017 project!
Connections are important. Here is an interesting article published recently by newspapers in Ontario. Other articles about lace in Canada can be posted in the space below, please let us know.
If you have a business that should be listed, email the Gazette office for details. Advertisers receive quarterly editions which include your company information. clgeditor @ gmail.com
Starting a new lace group? We have listed 40 known lace groups in Canada so far. The groups vary in size. Some are looking for more members. Others are full and could form another new group if there is interest. Let us know and we will add your group to the list! See the current Canada group listing below…
• A Peace of Lace Group – Renate Giesbrecht, Fort St. John BC
• AbbeyHill Lacers – Kathy Kasatkin, Abbotsford BC
• Chilliwack Bobbin Lace Club – New: 2nd Monday 6:45 pm. (Inquire first); 2nd & 4th Thurs. 12:00 – 2:30 pm. Mary Baxter, Harrison Hot Springs BC
• Cowichan Valley Lace Club – 2nd Wednesday. Teresa Legault, Duncan BC
• Denman & District Lace Club – Tuesdays, 1 – 4 pm. Sharon Whiteley, Cumberland BC
• Richmond Area Lacemakers – Maureen Tweedly, Richmond BC
• Vancouver Lace Club – 4th Thursday. Betty Ewing, Vancouver BC